Wednesday, March 4, 2009

PTR Testing: Lifebloom Changes

After reading Averna's number crunching on the 3.1 Lifebloom change (read: nerf), I thought I'd get on and try my own number crunching and see how much it would be affecting me.

Spec: 13/0/57

Stats: (Tree form, duh!)

*** Note: I have Glyph of Lifebloom and am self-buffed***

Number Crunching:


No HoT Rolling:
  • 1 Stack (733 mana) - 397 tick, 3219 bloom, 489 mana returned
  • 2 Stack (1466 mana) - 794 tick, 6436 bloom, 979 mana returned
  • 3 Stack (2199 mana) - 1191 tick, 9653 bloom, 1469 mana returned
I'm still not quite sure how to feel about this... What I do know is that I (along with many other trees, I'm sure) am going to have to really figure out how I'm going to go about healing tanks. Are we just going to be raid heals now with the occasional HoT or two on the tank(s)? I played around for a bit keeping HoTs on Aimee, pretending she was a tank while I rolled HoTs on myself and pretended to heal the raid.

I went OOM in about 66 seconds.

Given that this was without any sort of replenishment buff, this is still very sad. One minute? How are druids going to survive on Patchwerk (yes, yes, we're moving on to Ulduar, but consider it for now)? On a very healing intensive fight that lasts around 3-4 minutes, going out of mana in approximately ONE minute is unacceptable. Even with Innervate, which now replenishes all of 50% of our mana pool (when NOT casting), we'll last through about two minutes of a fight and then be out of commission.

This is all rather disconcerting, and now I'm going to need to really consider how to go about healing. Once I hit spring break next week I'm definitely going to spend some more time on the PTR and do some more testing.



1 comment:

  1. Glad to see someone out there testing this stuff out on the PTR too!

    66 seconds.... wow.

    Yeah, I don't know. I think that rolling LBs are truly a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete